Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Going On An Adventure


I remember reading The Hobbit for the first time as a required reading assignment in high school.  Up to that point, I wasn't much of a reader.  Hated it, in fact.  But after reading that book, I was forever hooked on reading.  As you can guess, the Lord of the Rings trilogy followed. I was one of millions who flocked to the theaters decades later (yes, decades) to see the movies and I even played a few games of Lord of The Rings SBG.  I loved the game, but my kids got older and family life took over for a while.

Well now, my children are a bit older still and the oldest one has actually read The Hobbit. Although she wasn't a big fan. Can't understand why.  But I digress.  Anyway, fast forward to the present and we see the first of a new movie trilogy about to release: The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey.  And we also see the release of a new SBG bearing the same name.

I ran right out and got a copy of the new starter set and the rulebook.  To save on cost, I returned a bunch of WHFB items that I will never use and ended up dropping about $50 out-of-pocket.  It's been a long day, but I can't wait to dig into my new items.


No comments:

Post a Comment